on Facebook

Administrative Services

Administrative Services

Name/SSN Change

A change of name can be processed at any time. Name change forms are available by download and at the Student Services Counter, first floor lobby, Mitchell Building, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Proof of name change (court order, marriage license, driver's license) must be submitted with the name change form.


Unofficial transcripts are available online. This copy is for your personal use and serves as a way for you to check the accuracy of the record.

Official Transcripts are available by request via the internet, mail, fax, or in person with a photo ID. Online requests are available through Testudo.

Effective October 4, 2011 there is an $8 fee per transcript. There will not be a charge for the first transcript printed for currently registered students. All other transcripts for current students and all transcripts for former students will cost $8.00 per copy.

Current students may log in at http://www.testudo.umd.edu/apps/transreq/.
Former students log in at https://www.sis.umd.edu/transreq/index_sid.html.

Your SID, in most cases, will be your Social Security Number. You will also be asked to enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number). Initially, your PIN is set to the month/day/year (MMDDYY) of your birthdate. If your PIN is invalid, please email us at pinrequest@testudo.umd.edu.

Important Notes:

  • Do not place a request online if you wish to have a form attached to your transcript.
  • If you attended prior to 1972, your records are maintained on mircrofilm and you be unable to place a request online. However, you may request your transcripts via mail or fax. For written requests please print and complete the Transcript Request form, available at *link* and mail or fax to:

    Office of the Registrar
    1108 Mitchell Building
    College Park, MD 20742
    Fax: 301.314.9568
  • Requests made online will be mailed the following business day. Written requests are processed 3-5 business days from receipt of the request and all transcripts are mailed through the U.S. Postal Service. A transcript cannot be processed if an outstanding debt is owed to the University.